This is the program of the “Experimentation by Design” symposium organized by the Danish Design Center on 7 December 2017 in Copenhagen. I will present the Basque experience of socio-economic transformation at scale. This is the rationale and content of the event:
“As the pace of technological and global change continues to increase, business and government organisations are challenged to become more nimble and experimental both strategically, organisationally and operationally. Businesses are entering new emergent forms of value-creation such as digital platforms, sharing and circular business models, while governments embrace impact investment, shared value and co-production. However, under conditions of complexity, such new models cannot merely be ”implemented” in existing organisations. Rather, they mush be discovered through processes of experimentation. So what does that take?
The Danish Design Centre and the Danish Business Authority invites decision makers across leading private and public organisations to explore how to design, run and gain value from systematic experiments.
For business leaders, we will explore the rise of X Labs – dedicated environments for co-creating innovative products, services and business models.
For policy makers at international, national, regional and local level we will explore how to make innovation and business policy more coherent, business-centred and experimental.
Together we will broaden our view on new forms of value-creation and experimentation as we head towards the third decade of the twenty-first century.
Experimentation by Design is organised as a highly interactive symposium where you will learn as much from the other participants as from the formal speakers and workshop leaders. The event will include keynotes by leading figures in business and policy innovation, and separate tracks focusing on themes such as design as experimental strategy, foresight, organisation and X labs, value and impact measurement. Participants will be challenged to suggest how they would design the ultimate experimental organisation – from vantage points of business, policymaking and research.
The programme will be updated continually.
Download the preliminiary programme: Experimentation by Design
- Noah Raford, Chief Operating Officer (COO) & Futurist-in-Chief, Dubai Future Foundation
- Lucy Kimbell, Director, Innovation Insights Hub & Professor of Contemporary Design Practices, University of the Arts London
- Simon Haldrup, Global Head of Business Development, Wealth Management, Danske Bank
- Jesper Grønbæk, Vice President & Head of Growth, TDC, Copenhagen
- Torsten Andersen, Vice Director, Danish Business Authority
- Rainer Kattel, Professor of Innovation and Public Governance, Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose, University College London
- Gorka Espiau, Professor of Practice CRIEM/CIRM at McGill University
- Anne Marie Engtoft Larsen, Knowledge Lead, Fourth Industrial Revolution, World Economic Forum
- Torben Klitgaard, Director, BLOXHUB
- Hanne Harmsen, Vice Director, head of InnoBooster, Innovation Fund Denmark
- Tommy Andersen, Managing Partner, byFounders
- Christian Bason, CEO, Danish Design Centre
Please note: The conference is reserved for policy makers and managers, and ´by invitation only´.”